Friday, January 15, 2010

Somedays I hate teaching!

So, many of my friends have blogs, and I love to read them and just keep in touch with what they are going thru, etc. I have never enjoyed or been good at journaling, but it seems like it might be helpful for me to unwind sometimes and get my thoughts down somewhere!

The last two days have been absolutely awful, as far as homeschooling goes. I've been miserable, the kids have been miserable. I just have no tolerance for messing around and laziness. And my kids have been supplying more than enough of both recently. Unless I'm standing over her shoulder babysitting her, Kaitlyn just sits there and doesn't work. So today I'm trying to set a timer for every thing she does, giving her plenty of time to finish. So far, she still hasn't managed to finish one subject in the given time. I take her book away and then she will have to go back and finish it once all the other school subjects are finished. She's going to be working on school stuff until dinner tonight at this rate. =(

On a different note, all three older kids went to the dentist this morning. Kaitlyn and Nathan for their second times ever, Justin for the first. Kaitlyn's report: great! Nathan: one cavity. Justin, well, he's probably ok, but he barely let the hygenist or dentist get more than a few seconds of tooth-examining time. So we're going to have to be heading back there soon for Nathan's cavity to be filled.

Then, later today I'm heading to they eye doctor for a check-up. Things seem blurry lately, and it's' been over 10 years since I had an eye appointment, so I better get one now, while I can.

Ok, the baby is fussy and I need to get back to supervising school.

1 comment:

  1. hey, christy! i don't know how i missed your name on the followers list of my blog, but i did! nice to have found you on the blogosphere. =)
    i just have to say thanks for being honest about your feelings! it's nice to know someone else has "those days." =)
    i'm off to read some more of your posts!
    ~shanti

    ReplyDelete