Sunday, September 5, 2010

Waiting

Should I be feeling guilty that I'm happy I'm not currently sitting in the village? I could have been woken up at dawn by roosters, and then spent most of the morning sitting around, wondering if and when the church service was going to start!

We were supposed to go to Hamelengan (our village) on Friday, but because of Justin being pretty sick, we were asked to postpone. Justin had another check on Friday afternoon and we were cleared to go out. But I'm so glad that we didn't go on Friday. Matt and I both have the cough thing that Justin did, just not quite so bad. But with neither of us feeling 100%, the thought of all the work it would have been to be setting up/cleaning/unpacking/visiting in the village makes me so thankful that we have a few extra days.

But almost everything for the village is packed up and waiting out at Aviation for our Tuesday flight. So it's nice to not be tripping over boxes and rushing around packing still. I've still been doing little things (drying pizza sauce, making granola, making a meal to freeze for our first 2 nights out in the village) but it has been nice to have a little extra down time. (We haven't had much of that over the past who-knows-how-many months)

Everything packed and ready to be taken out to aviation Wednesday morning

So, I'm going to use this extra time to get a little reading in, and to be on the internet (find recipes, read friend's blogs, check facebook). Because in a few short days, I won't be able to. We still get emails (so if anyone is ever inspired to write, please do!) via our 2-way radio HF email modem, so we're not completely cut off from the world, but still, it can sometimes feel that way a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment