Saturday, July 23, 2011

Eternity

A couple of mornings ago, Nathan woke up and declared that he was going to
count to one trillion that day. So without even getting out of bed, he
started in. He made it up to around 420 I think, before he took a break to
get up and dressed. He was so excited throughout the day to keep on
counting a little more. That evening, Matt asked him if he knew how big a
trillion was. Of course, Nathan had no real idea. So they sat down with a
pen and a paper and figured out how many seconds were in an hour, and then
in a day, and then in a year. They figured out that if Nathan counted one
number each second, and he had started counting at the moment of his birth,
never took a break, not even to sleep, and lived a full 90 years, it would
still take him around 12 lifetimes to make it to one trillion! Well, that
definitely killed his enthusiasm.

The next morning, soon after I woke up, I heard Nathan's excited voice from
his bed, calling to Justin. "Justin, Justin, guess what? When we get to
Heaven, we'll be there forever and ever and ever, so I'll have time to
finish counting to one trillion!!!"


--
This message was scanned by ESVA and is believed to be clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment