Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Cultural Moment

We've spent so much time here in Cairns, that it really feels like a home away from home sort of place for us.  We're pretty familiar with stuff around, and it doesn't feel wierd at all to be here.  We're used to going to the mall to go grocery shopping.  We know where the shops we like are, and the restaurants, and the fun, free things to do.

But this weekend I was skimming thru the newspaper and I saw this:

In case the writing in red doesn't show up well enough, it states:  "Spring has sprung and what does that mean?  Christmas must be just around the corner."
Definitely a "Whoa, this isn't right" sort of moment! =)  I guess it's a good reminder that while Cairns feels a lot more similar to "home" in the USA, it's still a different country!

No comments:

Post a Comment