It's amazing how quickly things can change with just one little email.
I'm sitting here, listening to the voices of my kids playing happily
outside, getting dirty, with not a care in the world. One voice rises above
the rest: Kaitlyn, who, for good or ill, tends to be the loudest, most
dominating. She's invented some sort of game with cups and dirt and
who-knows-what-else.
And my heart breaks listening to her happy (albeit rather bossy) voice.
Because very soon we're going to have to tell her about the email we just
received. The one that tells how Cookies, her favorite pet guinea pig, was
killed by a dog. She'll be devastated. Angry. And oh-so-sad. I'm
practically in tears myself, just thinking of how horribly sad she soon will
be. As a Mom, Oh! How I wish I could protect her from pain and bad things
happening. But I can't. I can only be there for her, and hold her when she
cries. But if I could, I would give anything to bring her little piggy back
so she didn't have to suffer this heartache and loss.
If you think about it, please pray for her in these next couple weeks as she
will be one sad girl.
Rocky Mountain National Park (Colorado part II)
3 weeks ago





No comments:
Post a Comment