Originally, we were scheduled to come out of the village on the 28th (Thurs), but our flight was moved back one day to Friday.
So on Wednesday evening, our family was just chillin', looking ahead to our last day in the village. Kaitlyn, Nathan and Justin were playing a card game. Matt was reading a book and I was holding Elijah. Julianne was playing with her blanket on the couch, and then it happened. I heard a loud "crack" and it took a minute for me to register that the noise I had just heard was Julianne's head hitting the side of the couch. She had fallen, or thrown herself down (I didn't actually see what happened) and smashed the bridge of her nose into the wooden arm of the couch. At first, when I grabbed her up, I thought that she had hit her head. But it only took seconds before the top of her nose started swelling up grotesquely.
| Matt (ever the sympathetic father) said, "She looks like a Klingon!" |
We let her stay up an extra hour to make sure there were no signs of any concussion, and gave her some Tylenol and sent her to bed. Thankfully, she didn't seem to be in excessive pain (once the original smash wore off).
Now, 2 days later, we are finally back in Ukarumpa, and currently, Matt and Julianne are at the clinic getting her checked out. There is a very good chance that it's just a very nasty bump, but we want to be sure!
| 2 days later: the swelling has gone down a lot (but not completely) and the picture doesn't do justice to how black and blue she is! |





No comments:
Post a Comment