Thursday, October 24, 2013

Birthday Boy

 

Two years ago, (after the most painful labor I’ve experienced out of all my childbirth experiences)  I got to hold this tiny, perfect new little boy.  I kid you not… some of the first words out of my mouth were, “I’ve seen this baby before!”  It’s true!  Elijah definitely is a Taylor, and looks just like his older brothers (especially Nathan).

 

And now, two years have flown by.  Elijah’s gone from being a snuggly little newborn, to being a petite little toddler who races around, jabbering and singing away and trying his best to keep up with his four older siblings.  I’m amazed at how he has gone from barely talking about two months ago to talking non-stop.

 

For his birthday yesterday it was fairly low-key.  Being in the village for birthdays has both its good and bad.  We have to keep things fairly simple… we don’t have the resources or space to do a huge production.  And I don’t have to worry about throwing a birthday party!  I think Elijah’s first official birthday party will probably be for his 3rd birthday, when we are in America (last October we were in the village too).  So yesterday afternoon we let Elijah open his 3 presents (a book, a bouncy ball, and some trains).  He was thrilled.  Choo-choos are some of his most favorite things in the world, with only choppers (helicopters) and balls coming in close behind.

 

Today (the officially designated “Birthday Party Day”) we’ll be having cake and playing party games later this afternoon in honor of Elijah and Justin’s birthdays.  More on that to come…….

No comments:

Post a Comment