Sunday, August 17, 2014

Our Trip Back to the U.S. Part 1: The Goodbyes

Well, once again I've let life get busy and haven't managed to keep up to date with my blog.  So I'll be doing a bit of catch-up now.  There will be a few blogs in this series with our travels and some of the stuff we've been doing since we first landed back.

As always, the trip back (or to!) PNG is one that when it's over I always think, "Whew!  I'm SO glad we don't have to do that again for a while!"  It's just looooooooooong, with lots of very early mornings, and lots of hours of sitting on a plane with 5 kids, trying to keep them occupied, and constantly being on the alert: scanning and counting 5 heads, scanning and keeping an eye on all the baggage, while trying to maneuver through busy, unfamiliar and airports. Other than those usual aspects of traveling with 5 kids half-way around the world, our actual travel went smoothly.

It was hard to say goodbyes to good friends.  We are still so thankful for all the times we were able to share together and the wonderful memories we have!  It's been fun to see Nathan starting to spend more time on the computer as he keeps up a great, hilarious email conversation with one of his best friends.

Here are a few pictures from our leaving PNG:


exhausted in the airport
In the Brisbane Airport
 
Our kids were fascinated by the baggage carousels

No comments:

Post a Comment