Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby!

So yesterday we celebrated Julianne's first birthday. I think I'm in shock that she could be a year old already. Wow. It wasn't that very long ago I was hiking up mountains around Madang while on staff at POC, and then in Cairns to have her, then back in PNG and in the village for our house-building trip. I guess having a lot going on in the last year and a half or so can make the time fly.


I am so thankful for this sweet baby girl. I have always hoped to have four children. Two girls and two boys. But I really did not expect Julianne to be a girl. I figured, what with the Taylor family genes and all, that we would be having our third boy. But I prayed specifically for a girl, and I know that friends and family were also praying for that. And God answered our prayers! What a great, loving God we have!

So just over a year ago, in a shower in the hospital in Cairns, out came this little girl. I think it took me a day or two before the truth that we did have a second little girl really started to settle in.
Julianne is such a joy to have in our family. She's already such a character. She can make the silliest faces, just because she knows you are watching her. She's got a strong temper and hates to be told "no". She loves getting into anything and everything, and tries oh-so-hard to keep up with her three older siblings.

Just yesterday I found her in the bathroom, flushing the toilet over and over. Crazy baby. At least she's not walking quite yet. Then nothing will be safe.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, happy birthday to Julianne! It seems like just a few weeks ago that I saw the picture of you in the hospital with her!

    ReplyDelete