These last 2-ish weeks have been a whirlwind. We've been driving, visiting friends, driving, doing fun stuff, driving, driving, driving. We've gotten to spend time with dear friends and family. The kids have been spoiled with fun adventures. And Matt and I never want to see a McDonald's again! But it's going to be great to be out of the car for a while... 18 whole days in California before beginning the long trek back to PNG.
As soon as we're settled in CA I have a million stories and pictures I want to get up. But for now, some of the highlights are:
*fun day at the farm in Topeka
*playing Puerto Rico with dear friends whom we haven't seen in 8 years
*tornado sirens in Iowa
*the pool house in Iowa
*hotel with an indoor waterslide
*hanging with good friends in St. Louis
*Waterpark in Topeka
*reconnecting with friends whom we haven't seen in years... oh, it's so hard to have to say goodbye to them again for who-knows-how-many years. =(
Random side note: For years, I thought it would be hard to live away from the ocean. I love the beach, and water. But now I could easily live in Iowa, or even better, Colorado. They are just beautiful places. I wish we had more time on furlough. I would love to stay and camp for a week here in the Rockies. Sigh. Next furlough we've got to get some serious camping in. Yellowstone for sure! =)
Rocky Mountain National Park (Colorado part II)
3 weeks ago





No comments:
Post a Comment