Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Justin!

Tuesday was Justin's 5th birthday.  Wow!  Where have the last 5 years gone?  Seriously, it doesn't feel like it was 5 whole years ago that Justin was the tiny little guy wrapped in a blanket.

I was seriously worried that Justin would be sharing his birthday with his new sibling.  Thankfully, Elijah decided to come 2 days before, so both boys will have their own birthdays.  I've always found "The Birthday Week" with Kaitlyn and Nathan to be a bit crazy.  Their birthdays are just 4 days apart, so planning two separate parties and making two separate cakes always makes for an exhausting week.  But that should be a piece of cake from now on as Elijah and Justin will be having birthdays just 2 days apart!!!  At least for the next couple of years, Elijah won't know anything if we just skip the party! =)

Because I had just come home from the hospital the afternoon before, I wasn't up to planning a huge party.  So we just had a little family party.  The kids had fun playing with the glow-in-the-dark necklaces, glasses and earrings that Grammy brought them.  Then we opened presents and had cupcakes and ice cream.  Pretty simple, but I think Justin enjoyed himself.  I was glad after the all the fuss over the new baby that Justin could get his special day and have some of the focus be on him as well.


Check out Julianne's glow-in-the-dark earrings... who knew there was such a thing!

Glow-in-the-dark glasses: how cool is that?!

This is one happy kid!  Cars are his most favorite toy in the world!

The rubber cobra was a huge hit!  Kaitlyn and Nathan picked it out for Justin, and it was his favorite gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment