I love Chai tea. There's just something about the combination of spices, tea and milk (and, I must confess, sugar!) that is just..... perfect! =)
I have searched in the past to find a chai latte tea mix I could make myself, but they always asked for instant tea, which of course, is non-existent here in PNG.
But then I got this recipe from a friend. It's amazing! I've made it so many times over the past few weeks that I used up my stock of cinnamon sticks. =( So I guess I'm on my last batch (unless Mom manages to get some thru Customs in a few weeks!)
Try it! You'll love it too! =)
Chai Tea
2 cups water
4 black tea bags
¼ cup honey
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 cinnamon stick
5 whole cloves
¼ tsp ground cardamom
¼ tsp ground ginger
1 pinch nutmeg
2 cups milk
In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add tea, honey and vanilla. Season with cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, ginger and nutmeg. Simmer for 5 minutes. Pour in milk, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and strain through a fine sieve.
I like to double the recipe, but keep the honey at 1/4 cup, but if you like it a tad sweeter, add a Tablespoon or two of white sugar, or up the honey.
Rocky Mountain National Park (Colorado part II)
3 weeks ago





I love Chai, too, and that looks really good!
ReplyDelete