One out-of-the-ordinary thing was that Matt got to make a trip to the city/town of Lae to do some shopping. Sometimes we just can't get some things at our store, and it's always much cheaper to buy even the same items in Lae, so when we can (on very rare occassions) make the trip to Lae, it's a huge savings. He was able to buy some stuff that we haven't been able to get here for a while (cheese, cream) and just get some stuff in bigger, cheaper quantities (toilet paper, peanut butter, chocolate chips, chicken). I had hoped he'd be able to get me a 20kg bag of laundry soap, but unfortunately, the supplier was out.
But anyway, on to pictures from this week:
Did I mention that I spent lots of time in the kitchen this week? I mean, I always do here, having to make most things from scratch. But I felt like this week, more than normal, I was in the kitchen baking and washing a plethora of dishes constantly. I guess that would be because our evening Bible Study had a potluck dinner at our house on Tuesday night. Then my ladies Bible study had our "Christmas Brunch" on Wednesday morning and I took cinnamon rolls to that. And preparation for a cookie exchange this weekend. And all the rest of the normal meals and foods my family eats throughout the week. So here is my little helper:
| E's favorite thing to do while I'm busy in the kitchen: unpack all the cupboards! |
This little guy was SO proud of himself for finding Nathan's glass of Grape Tang and drinking it on his own. He even had to walk throughout the house to show off to Daddy. What a mess! (I love his purple goatee though!)
| Can you see where his stomach was dyed purple as a result? |
| Julianne's Preschool class preforming a little Christmas song for the parents yesterday. |





So good to see pictures of you all. We miss you like crazy! I can't help but wonder what kinds of cookies you all will have there for a cookie exchange....
ReplyDelete