Sunday, January 20, 2013

Just Because it's Been a While

Since I haven't done an Elijah post in a while, I thought it was high time!  He is growing and changing so much.

 
So where do I begin?  Well, in just a few days he will be 15 months old.  He is a busy, but tiny little guy.  Julianne always set the records in our family for being our tiniest baby.  But last Monday I weighed Elijah and he was only 8.3 kg/ 18 lbs 4 oz!  That's noticeably less than the 19 lbs that Julianne was at roughly the same age!  But despite his size, he looks healthy.  I'm just working now to try to find more foods that he will be interested in eating!

Elijah LOVES LOVES LOVES to be outdoors!  We have a constant battle going on because I have to latch the screen door to keep him from just running off, but then the older kids (or parents!) who are outside and needing to come in find that they are locked out.  If I turn my back for too long, I'll usually find him outside, getting muddy in the sandbox or investigating Daisy, our guinea pig.  Did I mention he loves the mud?





His new fetish for the week is shoes!  Some days I find multiple pairs of dirty, muddy, grassy shoes scattered all over the house (we never wear shoes inside the house... they come off at the back door/laundry room... it's hard enough to keep the house clean even with this habit... if people wore their shoes inside, there would be no hope!).  He just can't help himself... he LOVES trying on shoes.  Just yesterday he was seen wearing Matt's slippers, Nathan's crocs, his own shoes, one of Matt's flip flops and a red, high-heeled dress-up shoe from Julianne's dress up clothes box.  (not all at the same time, of course!)


so he put the hat on this way all on his own!  he actually had the shoe on properly, but as he tried walking in it, it kept falling more and more off!
I would have to say that Elijah is the least verbal of all my babies so far.  I take that back.  He jabbers on constantly.  But as far as having "real" words that can be understood, well, he doesn't really.  He says, "Mama", "Dada", "Uh-Oh" and something that sounds like "Nigh Nigh" (night night) when he wants to nurse.  But that's about it.

Elijah is a ham when I pull out the camera.  He puts on his goofy face.


He always wants to be climbing up on things.  He's forever unpacking my pantry and trying to stack up cans and stand on them (not a very good idea!) or the tupperware cupboard and attempting to step up on various containers.

actually in, rather than trying to stand on a container!

At mealtimes when we hold hands and pray, he grabs the hands of those sitting next to him, scrunches his eyes closed, pauses for like half a second and then is pounding the table with his spoon, fork, plate, whatever is closest for him to grab.  We'll keep working on that one!

Following the pattern of most of the Taylor babies, Elijah is not a great napper.  He's currently trying to go down to just one nap a day.  So sad.  So a few times a week, after several days of just one nap, it catches up with him and he will just crash in unexpected places!

Wiped out after a busy day of trying on lots of shoes!
So, there you have it.  A few glimpses into Elijah's oh-so-busy life! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment