Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas Day 2012


Christmas day was a beautiful hot, sunny day.
We spent the morning opening presents and having our traditional brunch.  (This year it was cinnamon rolls and egg casserole.)  We enjoyed having the morning to relax and enjoy some of the new presents we received.  We lounged around reading new books and trying out new Lego and games.

taking a break from tearing ornaments off the tree to ham it up for the camera!





Julianne with her new quilt!  I found this fun quilt while 2nd hand shopping in Kainantu.  My good friend Kate helped me fix it up and re-do the felt and sequin hearts.  I'd been planning to take a better picture of it, but this is the best I've done so far!
The boy's room became a lego-building station later in the morning!

In the afternoon we headed out to a late lunch and spending the afternoon with friends.  We had a wonderful "churkey" lunch (our store actually had turkey drumsticks available, so we had a combination of roasted chicken, and turkey legs!).  The weather was gorgeous -- clear blue skies, hot and sunny (I know, traditional Christmas weather, right??)
Where else can you go to Christmas lunch, bringing all the food in a wagon!?



After we ate, we took lawn chairs outside and enjoyed the warm afternoon while the dads and kids played baseball and frisbee, and the kids just enjoyed racing around, while we moms just enjoyed getting to sit and chat. We enjoyed sitting around, eating dessert and drinking coffee and just having a restful afternoon.

Our view
this reminds me so much of myself when I was Kaitlyn's age:  just give me a couple new books for Christmas and I was good to go for the rest of the day!
playing baseball
Elijah in his cute vest... it was too hot all day for him to wear it, but it finally cooled off in the evening.
Later on, when it started cooling off, we moved back indoors.  Some of the kids watched a movie, while others just played with toys.  The guys played a game of Catan and Kate, Martha and I got to watch the first episode of Downton Abbey, season 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment