Saturday, March 23, 2013

What's the Best Way to Spend a Rainy Afternoon?

Well ( besides running outside every 30 minutes for the entire afternoon, either to pull down the sheets because it just started pouring, or to re-hang them because the rain stopped, and the sky lightened a little and you really, really want to get those sheets and duvet cover dry! ) 
that would be experimenting with a brand new recipe.

Today I tried out a recipe for Black Bean Burgers.  I thought they turned out really yummy.  (When you use ingredients like cumin and cilantro, it's hard to go wrong!)  Unfortunately, I couldn't convince the rest of my family members to try them and I had to make regular burgers and sausages/hot dogs as well.  Too bad, because it would be a super cheap option for feeding the hungry masses.   But now I  have several of the Black bean burgers in my freezer for future quick lunches or dinners.

Not too bad looking, huh?




Yum!

1 comment:

  1. I've never actually tried them, but one of my best friends makes them frequently. Good healthy option! I need to get her recipe...and see if I can convince my boys to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete