Saturday, August 3, 2013

A New Room

We now have enough beds in our house to sleep our whole family!  Up until about a week ago, we had just 5 beds.  But since I've been too lazy so far to kick Elijah out of our bed, we've been ok.  But we're rapidly nearing the point where he will be out of our bed and ready for his own 'big boy bed'.  And until last week, we had no bed to put him in!

So over the last couple of weeks, we've been having our storage room/4th bedroom painted and a loft bed, bookshelf/dresser combo and desk built to fit the room.  It's a tiny little room and if we just put a regular bed in there, so much of the floor space would have been taken up by just the bed and it would have felt really cramped and claustrophobic. 

I totally blew it and didn't get a picture of my storage room in it's full storage capacity.  Just imagine action packers stacked along the walls.  Piles of clothes my kids had outgrown and I was in the process of giving away toppling in the corners.  Boxes of non-perishable goods which I was stockpiling for the next trip out to the village.  Plus we kept Elijah's Pack-n-Play and dresser (really, just a 3-drawer bedside stand) in there.  Now (for a few weeks at least!) it's so nice and clean and.... empty!

Here are a few shots of what the room looks like now!  I love it!  (Btw... the photos make the walls look a bit... pinkish.  In reality, they're an off-white that has a hint of beige in them.



 Nathan loves his new room!  Our only problem is that we don't have a mattress yet!  And since the bridge to Kainantu is collapsing, it may be a while before we get one.

And while I love the new room now, I am pretty sure I'm going to be missing it terribly when the time comes to start packing for the village and my staging area is gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment