Wow! It's been a super long time since I last posted anything. I guess the main reason is that most days it doesn't feel like anything worth mentioning has happened. Just more of the same old, day in and day out sort of living. Like the endless piles of laundry I fold daily (has anyone else discovered that laundry doesn't follow a 1 to 1 ratio with each child you add? it's more like it increases exponentially!). Or the constant battles with Kaitlyn to stop wasting her time and mine by refusing to work hard during school time. Or trying to teach the kids to be kind and unselfish. And things like cooking, and dishes, and cleaning up messes, and occasional snuggle moments, and reading stories with the kids, or pushing them on the swing just fill up the rest of the hours.
But if I really stop to consider, there were exciting moments in the last month: Julianne taking her first steps. Going to the circus with the family (the kids had a blast and still play "Circus"). Nathan mastering reading and the excitement that has brought.
I guess I just need to stop focusing on the mundane, and make an effort each day to enjoy the new stages, or accomplishments, and just being with my kids, and being able to serve and love Matt and them.
I'm currently in a new stage of life with Julianne now. The "I can't ever leave her" and the "forget about getting to sit through one single church service anymore" stage. Sigh. A switch has turned, and even the sight of the nursery door sends her into hysterics. So much for enjoying my time home with childcare at church so that I can get something out of the Pastor's sermons. =( I am contemplating attending our church's Ladies retreat at the end of the month. I haven't been to one of those since well before kids. So a good 8-9 years. I could use the break and the refreshment! But I'd have to take Julianne with me, as she would be a terror if I left her for the weekend. But taking her means that she would just be a noisy, active, energetic baby distracting the ladies at the retreat. So I haven't made my final decision quite yet, but I need to soon.
Rocky Mountain National Park (Colorado part II)
3 weeks ago





No comments:
Post a Comment