or: Snapshots of my life as mom, wife and missionary
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Hanging Out at the Ranch
This past Saturday, we were able to spend the day at a ranch belonging to a family in our church in Arlington. We had a fun, relaxing time. We started off with a tour of the old buildings (barn, house, granary/storage building), met the horses and then had a picnic lunch. Then it was down to the river for hours of playing on the shore and tubing down the river.
The original log barn,(which has been restored) built probably in the 1880's, with NO nails... just notched logs put together.
The ranch house, which was built probably later in the 1800's. Restored now and oh, so cool!
I am wife to Matt and mom to five. I keep busy navigating life with a brand-new teenager, plus (for the first time ever!) 4 other school-aged kiddos. I live in Papua New Guinea where my husband is working hard to translate the Bible into one of the PNG languages. I love being a mom, and all that entails. I love God, my husband and my kids. In my free time, I like to cook, read good books, spend time with friends, watch movies and exercise (not necessarily in this order!) =)
That place looks incredibly relaxing and fun!
ReplyDelete