Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Swim Lessons

Today the kids had their first ever swim lesson. Funny how it went exactly how I expected it to go. Kaitlyn got to her class and jumped right in and worked hard. She hasn't really been swimming since we were in Australia for Julianne's birth, but I was so proud of her swimming back and forth across the pool with her class.


Nathan and Justin were in the beginners class, as they are both not very comfortable in the water. Justin was his typical self: grunted and growled when the instructor tried to get him in the water. He spent the entire class sitting on the side. I think his toes did manage to get wet. Nathan at least got all the way in, but he refused to try anything that the class was doing (holding on to a kickboard and kicking, floating on their backs (with the instructor's help), etc.)

But we'll be going twice a week now, so hopefully the boys will start to get more comfortable in the water, and not be so scared of it!


1 comment:

  1. That's the one thing I wish I had growing up--swim lessons. I can get by in the water, but I definitely could be better. Good job! I'm sure it will pay off...some day! :o)

    ReplyDelete