Monday, November 28, 2011

Limbo........

I think one of the worst things in life is having to just sit around, not knowing what is going to happen. 

Maybe it's because I'm such a planner and like to have everything organized, and have a good idea of what is going to happen.  Like when I go to the grocery store.  I even write my list according to the location of the aisles in the store and what I'll encounter first.  Or I think of my week and month in terms of the events going on, and what I need to do to be ready for them, etc.

But right now, we're in a position where we can't plan ahead at all.  All we can do is wait.  (I mean, we are still enjoying being in Cairns, and going swimming, and spending time with friends that are here, and getting to enjoy having places to go like the Lagoon and Muddy's).  But it's hard not knowing if we'll be here a week longer, or two, or.....?????

The paperwork for Elijah's visa was lodged in Port Moresby last Wednesday.  The last family who had a baby here and applied for a visa got it 2 weeks after the paperwork was lodged.  But there is no guarantee that our experience will be exactly the same.  So we wait.  We think we think it is likely we will receive it next week.  But we can't do anything like buy tickets for our flight back to PNG, or arrange for the flight up to Ukarumpa until we know for sure.  I'm not starting to pack yet, because we may be here longer.  I don't know if the kids will be finishing out the school term here, via homeschool, or if they'll get some time back with their classes before the term break starts.

We're wondering if we'll be back in time to say goodbye to friends who are going to be leaving PNG for good.  Or if we'll be able to be there for the annual Christmas party good friends of ours host.

So in the meantime, we just keep on doing homeschool, and planning "one last trip" to the Lagoon and Muddy's (maybe it will turn out to be the 2nd to last though???), and I'm planning to join my friends here and bake some Christmas cookies next week IF we're still here then.

No comments:

Post a Comment