It’s been a busy birthday week. You would have thought that we’d learned our lesson with having our two oldest kiddos with birthdays just 4 days apart. Obviously we didn’t, and so this week we celebrated 2 birthdays in 3 days! After E’s first birthday on Tuesday, Justin had his 6th birthday on Thursday.
We do our best to make birthdays special out here in the village. The kids get holidays from school on birthdays. Justin got to pick his favorite meal for dinner. He picked Macaroni and Cheese. We have special birthday treats. Because we had just had cupcakes two days earlier, I decided to go with sugar cookies that we cut out and decorated. I had some train and farm animal cookie cutters that I had received as a gift and hadn’t had a chance to use yet, so those were perfect. We cut out the trains, cows, sheep and rabbits and had fun putting frosting and sprinkles on them.
After lunch Justin got to open his presents. Thankfully, some of his presents had arrived before we came out to the village, so he had a few things to open. (Poor Matt and Elijah didn’t get to have any presents on their birthdays, but there should be some after we get home.) He got some new books to read, and his very favorite was a big set of army men and accessories from his Grammy and Gramps. Every day now I have to watch were I step because some elaborate war game is set up all over the floor and the boys are kept busy for hours with their battles.
Now our busy birthday month is over and we’ll have several months before the next birthdays arrive.





No comments:
Post a Comment