Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Curtains (and other stuff!)

Our shipment from the U.S. arrived while we were in the village. Bummer! But once we got back to Ukarumpa and things settled down enough, Matt went and brought our boxes home. So last week it was like having an early Christmas! (For me at least... I don't know if the rest of the family cared all that much!)

I had shipped new curtains for our bedroom and main room, and I was super excited about those! There were lots of other little things I brought back which were just fun, or useful for me in organizing my house.

One of my favorite new things is the hanging basket. I have very little counter space in my kitchen, and now I can free up more, by getting lots of my produce up and out of the way!


I finally got my curtains all up, and here are the finished results:

My bedroom!

It may be slightly hard to appreciate the finished result, without seeing the previous! But before, there were old, faded turquoise curtains, and ugly, big wooden knobs on the cupboard/closet doors. Now I think it's just so, so pretty! =)

The front room:


Now, this has absolutely nothing to do with curtains, or items from our shipment. I just thought it was so pretty, with the ground all carpeted with the purple flowers that fell from the tree! =)

2 comments: