A number of years ago, when Kaitlyn was pretty tiny, we recieved a special gift from Gramma Taylor (Matt's Grandma). She sent us a package with Resurrection Eggs.
I had never heard of them at that time, and I'm ashamed to say I didn't really give them a second thought. They sat in our cupboard for several years, before I once again remembered that I had them. By that time, we had a couple more kids, and Kaitlyn and Nathan were older. But I finally got them out of the cupboard and remembered to use them during the weeks leading up to Easter.
Am I ever glad I did! It is a fun, easy-to-understand way for the kids to really get a good understanding of what Easter is all about. And a good reminder for me too, as it helps me pause and think about all our Saviour willingly went thru, just so we could know Him and recieve his salvation. And I'm so thankful to Gramma (who has since passed away) for her thoughtful gift. Each year we get those Resurrection eggs out and do them together as a family. Two years ago, it was even more special as when we finished reading and opening the last empty egg on Easter Sunday morning, Nathan decided to give his life to Jesus!
So Resurrection Eggs are becoming an Easter tradition in the Taylor household.
Rocky Mountain National Park (Colorado part II)
3 weeks ago





No comments:
Post a Comment